Nursing Attendant Job - Peter Lougheed Centre
Alberta Health Services - Calgary Health Region (Calgary, Alberta)
Start date: Mon Jan 19, 2009Medical - Patient Care Support
The Nursing Attendant, under the supervision and direction of the Registered Nurse, performs tasks related to the activities of daily living and other
specific procedures on the Patient Care Units.
Requisition #: 104160
Department: (PLC) PCU 53 GEN SURG & VASCUL
Location: Peter Lougheed Centre
Employee Class: Regular Part Time
Rates of Pay: Minimum: 15.57 per hour Maximum: 18.94 per hour
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Recognized Nursing Attendant/Personal Care Attendant program or equivalent education program.
- BCLS Heart Saver program required.
- Previous work experience in a hospital or continuing care facility desirable.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Able to communicate effectively with patients and staff and understand nursing instructions.
- Organize and deliver safe care to patients.
- Work independently but maintain collaborative, effective work relationships with hospital staff.
- Demonstrate understanding, patience and sensitivity when relating to patients, families and visitors.
- Able to utilize CHR acute care and hospital policy and procedure manuals.
- Considerable standing and walking required.
- Ability to assist with lifting, turning and transferring adult patients.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies is required.
- Basic computer skills are an asset